31 May 2018 Portland Maine’s Ultimate Rum Celebration, Saturday, June 2, 2018
June 2 represents two very important things at Liquid Riot.
#1) It’s the anniversary of the Portland Rum Riot. In 1855 brave citizens marched on Portland City Hall to demand their rum. We’re named for this heroic event and raise our glasses everyday to those good people.
#2) June 2 is Day #5 of our Riotversary celebration. This is our 5th year brewing and distilling down here on the waterfront. This Saturday, we’re pulling out all the stops … here’s what’s on the docket:
- Rum Riot Rum Batch #2 Bottle Release. This is our collaboration with New England Distilling and Maine Craft Distilling.
- “Rum through the Ages” … our tiki cocktail takeover continues Saturday with “To Infinity and Beyond.” It’s an 1870’s style sour that might just blow your mind.
- All day rum cocktails featuring New England Distilling, Maine Craft Distilling and Liquid Riot Dow’s Demise and Rum Riot Rum.
- LIVE band from 2:30-4:30pm
- All day barrel aged beer specials
- All day “Wheel of Riot” prizes
- All day Polynesian inspired menu
- All day unexpected delights!