07 Mar 2019 Liquid Riot Wings Ranked #1 by the People. And The Honey Paw wins the judges choice.
What do the judges know? Well, they know they liked The Honey Paw’s wings most of all at the First Annual Chicken Wing Challenge. The huge crowd of wing lovers in the room, well, they picked our wings …Chinese Takeout Wings… as the best. We’re very proud of this and honored to have had our friends from The Honey Paw, The Great Lost Bear, Duckfat, Elsemere BBQ, Sebago Brewing and Tomaso’s Canteen join us in the Challenge. It was a blast and we’ll repeat it again. In the meantime, get in here for some Chinese Takeout Wings.
Chicken Wing Challenge at Liquid Riot
Thursday, February 28, 2019
Judges: Scott Almendinger, Joe Ricchio and Kelly Franklin
People’s Choice winner: Liquid Riot Bottling Co
Professional Judges choice: The Honey Paw.
2019 Chicken Wing Challenge wings:
- Duckfat: Asian long pepper dry rub chicken wings, fried in duck fat and topped with herb emulsion sauce
- Elsmere BBQ and Wood Grill: Slow smoked grilled chicken wings, tossed in sweet, spicy and tangy Korean BBQ sauce
- Great Lost Bear: Fried Tikka Masala chicken wings with cilantro mint yogurt
- The Honey Paw: Fried chicken wings tossed in lime, chili and smoked butter, finished with toasted coconut
- Liquid Riot Bottling Co: Fried “Chinese Takeout Wings” tossed in Gochujang chili paste, mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil and finished with a sprinkle of black and white sesame seeds
- Sebago Brewing Co: Whole jumbo chicken wing, double tossed in a honey Sriracha sauce and finished with sesame seeds and scallions
- Tomasos Canteen: Fried chicken wings tossed in cherry peach habanero sauce